Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Robbines, Week 17 / The Passing


TITLE: THE PASSING


Lot: Mission Control - The Robbins Homestead - Zaed, Jati, Samarah, Brax, Skyliana, Haeli, Zerek and Zinn

Last Visit: What Happened, Part 1 and Part 2 - There was a central meeting of the key figures in the Mission at Mission Control with the King of Anatoth. It was determined that the flux capacitor would never work again the same as it did. There was great concern about the roll Alien X was playing in the Mission and how that would affect it. Xuan suddenly got his memory back and berated Berry Nosey for interefering in the lives of the Robbinses and still rebuffed her offer for 'help'. Future leader of the Mission Brax, grandson of Zaed, reported the townspeople of Prosperity Falls were talking openly in public about the recent rash of alien abductions.



Jati's family tree. Accidentally left off Landell, founder of the Stricklands.



Samarah's family tree. This is the first time I have put Tonaka on the family tree, mother of Giovanni. Being that she was a CAS elder and didn't live very long, I tend to forget about her and treat Giovanni as the Capehart founder. She appeared in the background in pictures in the blog entry here in case you are curious.

Editor: It is always tough for me to write a blog entry when one of my favorite Sims have passed to the great Sim beyond. I had a hard time letting Zaed go. His family didn't even gather 'round when Grim came. He was alone.



Zaed Robbins

It is I, Jati! Son of Zaed, grandson of the great Timo, founder of the Mission on earth to spread the DNA of our people, the Anatothians. Our planet is in more peril than ever with Alien X still on the rampage, we know not who he is. We do know what his mission is, and that is to stop the Anatothians from multiplying on this blue planet. My father Zaed has granted his human body to the earth. His body has been placed beside that of my mother, Synclare Strickland-Robbins, along with the great Timo, and his wife Meadow Thayer-Robbins under the breadfruit tree on the Mission property. I am now the head of the Mission on earth in my father's place, just as he took the place of Timo. And so it shall be, that my son Brax will take my place when the time comes.




Zaed's last days on the earth were fill not with Mission business, but with family concerns. It is almost as if he had forgotten all that the Mission was about; or perhaps it was only his mother Meadow Thayer-Robbins taking over his thoughts momentarily, as he acted much like a human. Zaed was there when...........




Samarah gave birth to a fine son, Zerek. I am concerned about Zerek, you will see why later on.




He gave grandfatherly comfort to the little one, Haeli, right before.....




she grew up into a fine young lady. She will provide many for the Mission.




He gave Brax last minute instruction in the Mission right before Brax departed for the halls of higher learning.




It was right around this time Samarah revealed to me that she was with another child.

Xuan: That was no secret!

Jati: Xuan, you did not make it your business to inform me of this before she began to show. I do not have the gift you have, of counting fetuses. You are to inform me right away of any new pregnancies in the Mission as soon as you learn of it.

Xuan: Hahaha~! I know before the mothers do! That is just too much!

*Ahem*
As I was saying. Eh...




The boy Zerek had a birthday, and grew to toddler...and I am ashamed to say, I do not think he will be strong in the Mission at all.




The boy is perpetually unhappy and always asking for attention. I can clearly see he carries our DNA, but he has no mindset at all for the task at hand. He acts more human than I can imagine. I suppose he must take after his mother, Samarah.




Dad did his best with the boy by spending 'quiet camaraderie' time with him. Dad knew there was a problem, but kept it to himself. His time was nearly up at any rate, it would be up to me to work with Zerek.




Skyliana Robbins
Aspiration: Pleasure
LTW: 50 First Dates

Skyliana grew to be a fine young woman. She will be leaving for University soon.




I spent as much time as I could with Zerek. He seemed to need more attention than any new born Robbins that I can recall being discussed.




We started a garden in the back yard, I learned this in University. I think it will be a fine character builder for Zerek.




Brax and Haeli did not find the garden to be hard work. This garden is for Zerek.




It happened one day whilst many of us were in the back yard enjoying the atmosphere, and the garden. Dad was doing his usual daily visitation of Snyclare's grave. I was with my daughters Skyliana and Haeli.






Dad did it quietly and with out a fanfare. He had done it before we realized what was happening. It was very startling for everyone, even though we knew the time was coming. (Editor - I knew 6 pm was approaching...but I was so busy looking at what Jati was doing with his daughters I missed getting any good Zaed and Grim shots). Perhaps it was because this was his second time passing, he knew what it was about. The news spread quickly about Zaed's death.

Xuan: It is sad. I will miss dad, despite everything.

Jati:
It is only his body that is gone, Xuan. He lives still in our very own faces and our blood. His writings prevail in the historical journals he kept about the Mission. Do not despair.

Xuan:
He is my dad! How will I continue on without his guidance? Where will I go? Who will keep me in line????

King:
Don't worry about that boy. There are plenty of us to do that job.

Ruby and Infinity: Don't forget about us!

Xuan: *hangs head* I will miss dad.

Quavi: Stop acting so human, Xuan. *rolls eyes*

Xuan: Just stop it! I am human! I am! *closes mind*

Errrr.....as I was saying... *chokes*



Skyliana and Jati




Haeli


Skyliana


Brax


Jati


Zerek


Jati


Samarah



Erm, I hung the last two paintings on the wall that dad did while he spent time with Zerek. He stated the clowns should cheer the boy up. The other one, well, it is meant just for Zerek to have. To remember his grandpa by. I don't know what dad was thinking....it is very unAnatothian to leave such mementos behind. *tear* Goodbye, dad.




After dad passed, Zerek took to staring at the fish tank for hours on end. I did not have the heart to tear the boy away from it. It seemed to calm him. He no longer cared for playing with the toys that were his favorite when he spent time with dad.




In due time, Samarah gave birth to another son.....




Zinn. He carries our DNA, just as Zerek does. I do not know why the big difference in the boys.



Shortly after Zinn's birth it was time for Zerek to grow up. I took care of his birthday myself, I wanted to see to it that everything went smoothly. But despite my efforts, it did not.




Zerek had a poor growing up. He apparently never rebounded from Zaed's passing. Dad was Zerek's favorite Robbins to spend time with.




Zerek...how do you say....just doesn't have a clue. In fact, I think he may be on the 'slow' side of academic abilities. I know certainly he will not be a great Anatothian warrior.




It was a sad thing....one evening as Zerek and Haeli were outside playing, the girl Haeli began to taunt her brother, saying he was an 'idiot'. That hurt the boy's feelings and fisticuffs ensued.




Unfortunately we had guests in the house at the time, Melissa Taylor and Justice Strickland, they witnessed the whole thing.






Zerek was soundly beaten by a female, his sister. Yes, I think Zerek is a 'special needs' child. I will see to it that he gets the attention he needs and deserves. I will find a way that he can still be productive in the Mission. I wonder this could come from my loins, then I remember that he has a high percentage of human blood in his veins. That explains it.




Zinn grew to be an exceptionally handsome young man. I would say that he would have no problem attracting a female, but I have him suited to marry Dorali Jeffres. Zerek is suited to marry Tonya Toyonaga. Perhaps mixing with pure Anotothian blood will prevent any of his inefficiencies from passing to his children. Tonya will be a strong enough female to carry this through.




It was then that Brax left for Sim State University, where all Anatothians go for higher learning. It is all really a show, as we have all we need to know already upon the verge of growing up to adult. We must keep it as normal looking as possible.

This is were I bid goodbye...until next time. I will give an update on Zerek. OUT.



Zaed and Synclare, together again.



EXPERIMENT:

It is me, ASimWen. Upon Zaed's passing, it came to me that I really missed having Timo and Meadow's ghosts roaming the Mission building. Their graves were left behind when I installed Seasons, and the Mission Contol building continually crashed on entry. Thus, a new house was built for the Robbinses. I thought I would try to bring their graves over from the old lot to the new Mission Control using this method: Pixel Trade: Restoring Lost Tombstones. I don't remember who posted this link on the TS2 Challenges group, but I thank you. I had success. Witness:

My first attempt was to bring Timo over. I followed the directions precisely.




Hiya Timo! *wavies*




Success! Timo is laid to rest beside Zaed and Synclare.

Meadow was another story. Not quite so successful.



Attempt no. 1. Yeah, she has some ghastly face paint on. I must have given her a beauty mark or something that was lost in the reformat I had to do a while back... (that caused the Anatothian flux capacitor to break..hahaha) No tombstone would appear. That is Timo's tombstone behind her. So I thought maybe there wasn't room for her tombstone to spawn. I moved Timo to the family grave yard, left the lot, came back.




Leave lot, come back in, attempt number 2. No tombstone would appear for her. I began to think it was her grave that had borked the original Mission Control building.




One more try. No go. I figured I didn't like the face paint and the hair anyway, so I took the hard route to get her back with Timo....well...hard for the other Sims on the lot, anyway, but fun for me. heh




Erm, yeah. Jati paid Grimmie $10,000 simoleons for a perfect resurrection. I wanted to make sure Meadow was perfect.




GAH with the face paint! She went right to the mirror for a makeover.




This isn't the exact hair she had before, but close to it. Out back to the graveyard.




Spawned the tombstone of life and death....




Buh-bye, Meadow~




Yay! A complete Robbins family graveyard. Like some Simmers, my ghosts are important to me. I love them.




GAWD Zerek! Get over it~! You didn't even know Meadow~! She was only in your life for about 5 seconds!


ODD PICS OUT



This is werewolf Jodi-Ann Strickland carrying baby Zerek. Hmmmm...I wonder if that is what is wrong with him? Did his brain get damaged by having his nose buried in the armpit of a werewolf? FYI, Jodi-Ann doesn't exhibit the werewolf hairiness because she has a custom skintone that over rides it.



GAH!!!! It has been a while since I have played Jodi-Ann....and I have seen her ALOT since I DID play her last. I hadn't seen this. Apparently I left her pregnant. lol It will be interesting playing a pregnant werewolf!


ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Uhhh...plat headstone for Zaed. Otherwise...nuttin'...but TONS happened. It was a great lot to play this round.

Tribute to Zaed:


Zaed's parents marry


The first born is a son, Zaed


He grows to be a very smart toddler


Zaed meets his future wife, Synclare Strickland.


Zaed grows to a handsome teen-ager.


He arrives home one evening as a YA to advise his little brother Quavi and.....


Comfort his mother Meadow upon Timo's death


After University: Zaed and Synclare get engaged and get married.


Zaed is abducted and has a daughter, Jenn.


Zaed ages with his lovely wife Synclare.


Until next time,

ASimWen



10 comments:

Robert said...

This was a great update. It was sad to see Zaed die again. thanks for posting about your moving tombstones experiment. It might come in handy in the future.

I know what you mean about being tough blogging about a favorite sim passing.

jungfrun68 said...

I never saw kids fight before! They usually don't have time to get such a negative relation in my game. Probably it's due to my gaming style. (Ignoring kids most of the time :))

ASimWen said...

To jungfrun68: I couldn't do anything with Zerek. GAWD I gave that kid lots of screen time, but I couldn't move him out of the red at all after Zaed died. He doesn't get along with anybody...stays in a bad mood. Luckily he was too far removed from Meadow to get that fear of a relative dying fulfilled. Yeah, I had never seen kids fight before either. I sent Zerek and Haeli outside to throw water balloons to try and raise Zerek's spirit some...the next thing I know they are fighting. LOL Just like real kids!

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Wow, sounds like my Manhattan after Brooklyn and Remi died. Inconsolable. It was so sad to see Zaed die, but he is finally reunited with Synclare. *sniffle* And it's nice to hear Xuan give a care for someone other than himself... at least for a minute, lol.
OMG where did you find that link? If I weren't at work right now, I'd start working on getting my Legacy founders back, since they're both dead in different houses. I'll just save the e-mail this update's in.

Melissa said...

Love the tribute to Zaed. It's great to see his life all together like that.

SirenPrincess said...

Wow, that was an amazing update! First of all, your family trees are awesome. It's great to see how many generations you have played. The story line was great. Poor Zerek. I feel quite sorry for him. He might be my favorite character in the falls now, with everybody being so harsh on him. And then the death. It is so sad, but I absolutely loved your tribute! Well done.

Thanks for the grave recovery info, too!

M.McMillan said...

I hate ghosts. I always send them to the graveyard

Kerry said...

I hate losing my favorites, too--especially when they've been favorites since infancy. Loved the kids fighting--

Bubbs said...

Poor Zerek...treated like a step child! LOL...do you not like him????

*sigh* Zaed *sigh*

Rachel said...

Good bye to Zaed, again. Poor Zerek, I think he is going to have a rough life. Nice update.