Sunday, January 06, 2008

High Aspirations / Six White Horses


TITLE: HIGH ASPIRATIONS

Lot: The Strickland Farm - Kolton, Cara, Mary, Ruby, Xen and the cats Princess and Ginn

Last Visit: Xen - The last visit to the Kolton Strickland home brought us lots of tragedy, starting with a drastic drop in the population at the beginning of the week, farmer Fraiser Strickland and his wife Camryn both passed away at the same time. It was hard on the pleasure seeking son Kolton. Even the cats Ginn and Princess found it hard to deal with. Then, Kolton decided to have a party to lift everyone's spirits. At this party Kolton caught his wife Cara sneeking a kiss with Bubbs Strickland, AKA Mr. Knowledge. Ginn and Princess continued to fight, Cara got abducted. Somehow she felt a burning desire to date Xuan Robbins after the abduction, and they met downtown at the Crypt-o Night Club, where they woo-hoo'd in the photobooth. She became pregnant, and gave birth Xuan's son, Xen.




Kolton here. My wife has suffered a personal loss...her friend Michelle Capehart has passed away. Even through this, she puts on a brave face and cuddles Xen like he is priceless. It seems like many we know are dying all around us. A few months ago it was my parents Fraiser and Camryn, now friends and other family members are dying. My aunt Roz has passed. (editor - you will see this in the next entry). Despite all that, we keep our chins up and move along. What else can we do?




Our adopted daughter Mary dealt with it by sneaking out after Cara and I went to bed. I don't know how many times she did it before she was finally brought home by an officer of the law. I found it hard to punish her for it. I knew it was out of character for her to do something like this, and eventually she would stop. She did, after she called the Matchmaker for a date, as I had done so many times. But until then, Mary didn't know what to do with herself.



Xen




Xen had a birthday, and it made Cara smile. She doesn't smile much these days. By gosh, I look at that boy and I am still not sure....? Who his father is. Cara is so beautiful, I am lucky to have someone like her. She works hard and does a good job raising our kids. But I do wonder. But as I have said before, I will not turn my back on the little ones. I will raise him like there is no doubt in my mind I am his dad.




I have even ensured calls me Dad. He knows.

Alien chatter:

Xen: Yeah, I know alright!

Xuan: Hey boy, is that you?

Xen: Yeah, you betcha. Hahaha!

Jati: It appears Xen can talk in telepathy before he can even speak.

Xen: I easily think words, but because of my physical limitations at this age I cannot utter them aloud.

Xuan: *pumps fist* That's my boy! How great is my seed???

Xenio: I am here as well.

Xen: Ah! My brother!

Xenio: We must met face to face!

Xuan: My boys! My boys! *Xuan is giddy*

Zaed: Your gifts are passing along at full speed, Xuan. The King will be pleased.

Alien chatter dies out....




*Kolton blinks...momentairly confused* Ah...anyway. Mom's cats fight more than ever. They take turns winning. Ginn has ran away more times than I can count since Mom passed... but he does win the cat fights occaisonally.




Xen seems to love the kitties alot...

Xen: No I don't! I squeeze them to get them to shut up! I am tired of their growling and spitting!




Ruby Strickland
Aspiration: Popularity
LTW: To Become A Hall of Famer

Ruby has been a big help to us since she has grown up a little. She wants lots of friends..that is just alright! She took over quite a bit of the house work while Cara and I were working our jobs...tryin' to make it to the top. She would get rewarded with a party.

Mary, on the other hand, stayed down in the dumps, like I was saying earlier. I finally suggested she call the Matchmaker. Maybe that would help.




Heath DeLarosa was who the Matchmaker delivered. He is the adopted son of Florence DeLarosa, the lady in Bluewater who owns a flower shop. He aspires to knowledge, but he is adopted just as she is. The two get along really well! Who knows? Maybe he will go to University the same time she will! From this point on, she was a happy camper, and was able to get some studying done before she left for college.



Meanwhile...at Four Winds Shopping.....

King: *grumble, gripe* Here I am trudging through the snow because Xuan is so wrapped up in his 'fatherliness' he can't bother to check up on the gossip.....



Ruby Strickland and Wendy Robbins

King: Zaed! The locals are talking again about Alien abductions. What is odd here, is that it is Wendy Robbins, your own daughter in law! What say you?

Zaed: Wendy knows nothing of our people visiting the earth, my Liege. She is behaving just as any earthling would and is discussing a matter that seems to be bothersome to the citizens of Prosperity Falls.

King: Alright then. Well enough.

Alien chatter dies out....




It is I! Xen! Yes, my name rhymes with the word "TEN" and sounds like it starts with a "Z"! That is me! I will rule the world beside my father Xuan! And my brother Xenio will be on the other side of my father. Between the three of us....we will rule it all!!!!!




Errr...like I was saying. *ahem* Mary was quite unhappy for a while until Heath DeLarosa came into her life. She was able to leave for college on a high note. She and Ruby took the same cab to school. *sigh* It seems like I just came home from University myself. Ah, those were the days.

Well, this is Kolton. Until next time. Ta-ta!

Accomplishments this week???? uh......





TITLE: SIX WHITE HORSES

Lot: Strickland.3 - Family Name Trimble - Roz, Shane, Alexis and dogs King and Trixie

Last Visit: Alla Them Kids - Roz gives us her last narrative. She described how proud she was of Shane's green skinned babies, and how they left for University. She mentioned that she couldn't wait to become a granny. It is very apparent that she and Shane were very much in love...read on....




Shane: "OHHHHH! SHE'LL BE COMIN' 'ROUND THE MOUNTAIN WHEN SHE COMES!
*YEE-HAW!*
SHE'LL BE COMIN' 'ROUND THE MOUNTAIN WHEN SHE COOOOMES!
*Yee-Haw!*
SHE'LL BE COMIN' 'ROUND THE MOUNTAIN, SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN....."

*AHEM!!!!*

Shane: Whooz zare?

ASimWen: It's me. ASimWen.

Shane: Oh, hey. How are ya?

ASimWen: I am fine. Uhhh...how are you? Things have happened.

Shane: Oh...yeah. *seems crestfallen* I am getting along alright. Most days.

ASimWen: Roz used to invite me over every now and then to drink mint julep.

Shane: *chuckles* Yes, that was one of her favorite drinks. *sigh* I can't make it. I do have iced tea though.

ASimWen: Sweet southern iced tea?

Shane: What else is there?

ASimWen: Thanks. I'd love some. Alright, start from the beginning.

Shane: Well, it started with Rocco. He left for Univeristy way before any of us were ready. I mean, me and his mother. That left his twin Alexis to her own devices...




Her mother had fits...said young ladies didn't go out into the night doin' who knows what with whom-ever!. Alexis was lost without Rocco. She'd come sneakin' back in around 3 AM.

ASimWen: Who did she go out with? I mean, was it a bad crowd or anything?

Shane: Well, not really...it was with a boy she had been seeing for a while.




His name is Elijah. Elijah Strickland. He is one of Bulldog's kids. They had been together for a long time. I tried to steer her in the right direction by helpin' her with her studies to get ready for college. You know, keep her otherwise occupied.




She seemed to be receptive to it. But I knew she missed Rocco.




One day Roz got the brightest idea. Yeah. It really helped. She got on the horn and ordered up a puppy. Not just one puppy, but two. A male named King...came from the litter of pups born at Martin and Joselyn's place....and a female Trixie, from the pound. That was a stroke of genius on Roz's part. Yeah, it was.




Roz thought the dogs were the absolute bomb. She hovered over 'em constantly, makin' sure they had everything the needed to be...well...just dogs. I couldn't say anything. I really believed she was more than ready to be a granny. She was practicin' on them dogs.




Soon Alexis was doin' the same thing her mother was doing. Those dogs didn't want for anything! No siree. Those two women kept them dogs living high and mighty, let me tell you. There was times when I had to cook supper.




Well now, Elijah did manage to nab onto Alexis time one night. These days his time with her wasn't like what it used to be. He asked her to go steady, and she said she would. Her mamma thought it was awfully sweet, besides the fact that Alexis and Elijah had spent time together up until 3 AM downtown. Alone.




Well, Roz's next project was to beautify the yard. She had a pond dug, flowers planted, and the grass trimmed. She invited the Garden Club to do an inspection. I was real proud of all her work.






Yep, she won the coveted Wishing Well award. She placed it in the back yard beside the pond. Looks mighty fine there.




In the mean time, King and Trixie grew up. That is King in the foreground. They get along fine...at least for the time being. King has his own puppies on the way now. But he is one tough and agressive dog!




He doesn't let any other dogs come into the yard without payin' the price. Anyway...

ASimWen: And then...?

Shane: Then it was her time.




My Roz is gone. To the "Sweet Hereafter" she used to say. So I can't be too sad. Alexis has left for college...my Roz is buried under the weeping willow beside her pond.




Now it's just me and the dogs. And my ol' git-tar here. Ya know...

SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN....

ASimWen joins in for a full chorus:

SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN WHEN SHE COMES.....
SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN, SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN, SHE'LL BE COMIN' ROUND THE MOUNTAIN WHEN SHE COMES....!"

ASimWen: It was nice seeing you Shane. See you next week.

Shane: See you later Wen. Have a great day. *Softly strums the guitar, hum...then sings softly and beautifully...* Oh, she'll be driving six fine white horses when she comes..... *my Roz* Oh, she'll be driving six fine white horses when she comes.... *sniff* Oh, she'll be driving six white horses...." I*A tear slips down Shane's cheek, the strumming stops. ASimWen slips out the door, and is gone.*

Accomplishments: Plat headstone for Roz.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Heath joined in somewhere. MAybe you'll play his house?

Aww, poor Shane. Not another of the Strickland 10. First Niles, then Fraiser, then Synclare, now Roz.

Lillith won't die for awhile. Let's hope it is not Daphne!

Great posts Wen.

-Steven-

ASimWen said...

Yeah, Heath was created when OFB came out and I was playing in Bluewater to test out the EP. I didn't realize I was playing in my Prosperity Hood at the time. Florence DeLarosa aged to elder, and I felt she needed an heir, so she adopted Heath. He is friends with just about everybody in the Falls. Being that the Strickland house supplied them with a 2 Servos....(Sam and Samantha) I think I need to start playing it. lol

Infinity-Nevermore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Infinity-Nevermore said...

Okay, Xen officially scares me. You can really tell he's a Robbins. "I am Xen!" I think every single Robbins male has said that at some point in his lifetime. Kolton, yes, it's Xuan's kid. The blond hair and golden eyes oughta give it away. Only Robbinses look like that.

Now I'm all weepy, it's so sad. I really liked Roz. The Strickland Ten are going right before our eyes.
On a lighter note, I think Shane's gonna go meet Roz in death how he met her in life... completely nekkid.

Bubbs said...

Adopted Mary keeps sneaking out? Who is she sneaking out with? Is it one of those Robbins boys??

Xen can already use telepathy? Hmmm, that is extremely interesting. And he talks to his brother...Oh boy, he sure is a cutie. He looks just like his daddy with the wrong skin tone.

Mary dated Heath? Poor Heath been ignored all this time over in Bluewater. At least this should make him happy.
_____________________________
Another teen sneaking out? And with one of Buldog's kids?? That will just get them in trouble, you know.

They got some nice puppies there. Are they going to have puppies? Oh, maybe not since they see sort of mean...HAHAHA!

Bye Roz, it was nice seeing you...what a nice spot for the grave. Under the yum-yum tree by the pond.

Kerry said...

Okay--Xen is cute, but man--I agree, really scary. He ought to be nicer to Kolton--after all, the man could just disown him!

Oh, poor Shane. That last paragraph put tears in my eyes. Rest in Peace, Roz.

Josh said...

Poor Kolton, that Cara sure is a... you know, hehe. Wy aren't you scoring anymore Wen? I'm sure you have the most points by now, you have like 10,000! Anyway, I miss Roz, she was my favorite Sim in your hood, her accent and personality... Roz...

Melissa said...

Poor Shane. a streaker should never be lonely. *sniff

ruby said...

love the alien chatter as always. and the new baby boy, xuan should be very proud of xen!
*tear* bye roz!

Rachel said...

Wow Xen is talented to be able to use telepathy as a toddler! He is truly his father's son.

The dogs are SO cute! Roz sure was busy with the garden. Poor Shane is so sad. Goodbye Roz, you'll be missed.

Mandie said...

Xen cracks me up! He is definitely his father's son! And handsome just like him! And that bit with Shane...totally made my eyes water! That is so sad!

Katie said...

I'm trying to catch up with your blog, I haven't read in awhile but I love it! This post almost made me cry, which means you must have written it very well because normally I am not very moved by the disappearance of a few pixels. This has to be one of my favorite posts. Just wanted to let you know I'm still lurking around the site! :D