Friday, December 09, 2005

The Stricklands, Week 10/Chevy's TV Breaks Down


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Title: Chevy's TV Breaks Down



Lot: The Stricklands, Original House - Chevy, Kirstee, Roz, Bulldog, Maris, Gertrude, and Martin

Last Visit:
The Cast Is Complete



Hay Ya'll'ses, it is Roz speakin'. Well the worse thing in the world happened to daddy, yep, he beloved television broke down. I don't know if you can see the smoke pourin' out of the back of it in that picture. It is like the TV just done gave up when daddy named is last child...Martin. No more TV show Fraiser for daddy. Well naturally he got right on the phone and called a repair man. But it just wasn't the same. Daddy turned his attentions to other things. I'll tell ya about that in a minute. But I came home from college just like I told ya'll I would.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One of the first things I did was invite my love over, Shane Trimble. Oh my goodness, he is just more hunka man than any man has a right to be! I introduced him to mamma and daddy, and they really liked him. Right away, daddy commenced to quizin' Shane on his life...Askin' him stuff like what kind of job did he have, what kind of car did he drive, what did HIS daddy do for a livin', ya know, the kind of questions fathers ask any boy who comes sniffin' around one of his daughters. I was quite embarrassed, me bein' a grown woman and all. I was shore glad when daddy decided to retire for the night, then me and Shane could have some time alone!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well it appears that I wasn't the only one that had a love over! My baby sister Gertrude done and had a birthday, grew up some. She brought home the most darlin' little boy with her from school one day, Terrance McClelland. (he is Tosca and Johnson's boy) They hit it off real fine, they did. In fact, Terrance didn't seem to get all nervous or nothin' when Trudy started talkin' about gettin' engaged! Oh speakin' of Gertrude's birthday, she wasn't the only one that had a birthday here lately! I know every time ya'll come over to visit us here, there's always birthdays. OK here goes -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Maris Strickland
Aspiration - Pleasure
LTW - To Have 50 First Dates
9 neat, 3 outgoing, 6 active, 3 playful, 5 nice
Zodiac - Virgo

I truely can't believe what that girl has been talkin' about ever since her birthday! Datin' boys! Daddy seemed kinda sad when Maris said all she wanted to do was date alla Prosperity Falls. You know daddy wants to get us all married off before he goes to the HereAfter. Well, here's to hopin' she changes her mind after a while! The next birthday was Martin's. Even though daddy has seen us kids have birthdays over and over, it never ceases to amaze and surprise him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There wasn't no cake or nothin', which in itself was a big ol' surprise, we always have cake. Martin just sorta started havin' his birthday when no one was lookin', and we just dropped what we was doin' and ran over to watch! I think Martin is someone we need to keep an eye on, I think he is sneaky. But every since Martin grew up, mamma goes around sighing there ain't anymore babies in the house. She an' daddy keep havin' thoughts about adopting more kids. I can't believe it. Like it ain't enough havin' 10 of your own!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mamma advanced gracefully into elderhood, but there ain't nothin' graceful about what her and daddy STILL do. If you know what I mean, her and daddy still go at it like rabbits. I'm thinkin' she is hopin' her ovaries will kick in and a miracle will occur within her womb. Sorry mamma, but daddy's potent seed ain't enough now. Ya'll would need Divine Intervention. And mamma seems to be gettin' along ok what with two of her sisters passin' on and everything. (See Passin' Patches and Spooky Happenings). But with just as many Bostics passin' on, many new ones are born. That's the way mamma looks at it. She has a philosophic way of interpretin' things.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well, I reckon that is about alla the news for this time around. Oh, but I have one more thing to tell you. This is one thing that mamma did a pretty good job of interpretin'. That me and Shane really wanna be alone. She told me to git my butt on outta the house, and git a place of my own. I am got me a little nestegg I saved from when I was at University. So I packed up and got me a little peice of land. Mamma gently explained that now that there was no babies in the house, why, the kids could take care of themselves....but I reckon that episode where Shane took it upon hisself to to take a shower, then not botherin' to git dressed to come to the dinner table might have something do to with me gittin' my own place....I guess mamma and daddy didn't view the loveliness of his body in the same frame of mind like he and I do.

1 comments:

Simaholic said...

Awww, Kirstee is an elder now too. With that many kids I'd say she's had a pretty darn full life.