Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ricky's Paternal Heartstrings

Andre hugs his dad for the first time.

Title: Ricky's Paternal Heartstrings

Lot: Capehart.3 - Ricky, Mercedes, Janelle, Marsha, and Manuel

Last Visit: Getting Ready (second story on entry).

Ricky narrating. (heavy Indian accent). Oh my friends! My life continues to be fully blessed, to be sure. I am finally getting to spend time with my son, Andre Bostic. His mother the beautiful Ramey Bostic and I, had a short lived liason when she was vulnerable. (Read about Andre's birth in
Transition Time.) The result of that liason, was my son Andre. Oh how I have always wanted a son! Even though the love of my life Mercedes did not birth him, I love him all the same. To my delight, he has started making friends with Marsha and Janelle's adopted son, Manuel. So I do get to see alot of him! My mind has started turning, my friends, like the gears in a big clock. If it was so easy for Marsha to pick up the phone and adopt a baby, I can do it too! I will think on this! Then, I will have two children!Andre and the Strickland SistersI have observed the boy Manuel in a social setting in our home. He brings friends home on a regular basis from school, and they sit and talk about things kids talk about. I do feel a little jealous inside of my self, I picture my son Andre doing the same things in his home across town. I feel I am missing out. See the Strickland girls? They are my friend Chevy's girls. (See Another One Flies The Coop.) And the sweet girl Lillith. She and Manuel seem to be very special friends. If you keep up on our news here in Prosperity Falls, I think you should keep a special heads up about that relationship.When Manuel had a birthday, my son Andre attended the party. I do spend every single minute I can with my son. However, when he is at home with his dear mother, I enjoy spending my paternal feelings on Manuel. Being that he is adopted, he does not carry the Capehart or Brueing genes of his two mothers. But that is alright. I try to give him some good male influence that will help him later in life.
Manuel Capehart
Aspiration - Popularity
LTW - To Become A Celebrity Chef
6 nice, 3 outgoing, 6 active, 4 playful, 6 nice
Zodiac Sign: Cancer

He grew up into his teen years a fine young man, and I have high hopes for him. He wants to follow his Aunt Mercedes in the fact he wants a full social calendar with lots of friends and parties, and even wants to have the same profession! A Celebrity Chef! I know that means all four of us have done a great job raising the boy. But I will say this. I am not the only one in this home that has strong feelings about more children. You would never guess who else. I wish I could say it is my lovely wife Mercedes, but it is not. It is Marsha, Janelle's wife.

Kerris Strickland came by to visit one day, her stomach great with Marc-Henry's child. (See Marc-Henry Gets Married .) Marsha has told me in confidence she loves Janelle with all her heart, and loves Manuel as much. But she does lament the fact that her womb will never know the joy of carrying a child. Just as I will never know the joy of having my son or daughter living with me, the children who should have my blood running in their viens. We do stay up late discussing this. Sometimes I think there is something we can do for each other, but the answer hasn't come to me yet. It is like an unfinished puzzle...some of the pieces are missing.I do love my wife Mercedes with everthing I am. And I am sure she loves me too. But she loves her friends and her social life as well, and the notariety she receives as a Celebrity Chef. I do not want to take that away from her. She will never know how it is to carry her husband's child. Oh unfair life seems sometimes, and how cruel

Accomplishments This Round:

Marsha - LTW - Maxed 7 skills. Now PermaPlat.
Career - Top of Paranormal.
Janelle - Career - Chief of Staff

5 comments:

Scally said...

Poor old Ricky's in a bit of a state, isn't he? Great update!

Kaydee said...

Great families! I've been reading your blog for a few days now. It's quite addicting :)

ASimWen said...

Thank you Kaydee, I will have more entries in the next few days. :)

Trudy said...

Okay, I've been sitting here for over an hour reading straight through. You are an awesome storyteller, you get us hook, line and sinker!

I plan on reading the ressts just as soon as I help make a cake with my daughter, she's been naggin gme the whole time I've been reading!!

Simaholic said...

Awww, poor Ricky. I think he should father Marsha's child. Then they will both be happy. Ah, if only life were that simple.