Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Capeharts, Week7/The Last One...

Lot: The Capeharts - Prosperity Falls

Last Visit: Promotions andDemotions



Tomas Speaking: When I had my last birthday, my older sister Janelle came. I was glad because I really don't know her very well. I have older brothers, Jayrus and Trevaus I have never met, then and older sister Mercedes. (Too meet them, The Capeharts, Week 1). I guess they are from my dad's first marriage. But with my mom Calista, dad had me, Janelle and Tryce. Tryce is at college right now. But you know what, the sad part is I will never meet Trevaus. I guess he died, dad is real sad about it. (See Never Let The Neighbors Borrow Your Tools). The only thing dad said was, "At least he had a chance to get married and have a happy life".

The thing mom keeps talkin' about is I am the "last one". I guess I don't know what that means. Last one for what? Breakfast? The bathroom? To get up in the morning? I haven't figured that one out.

Well dad spends bunches of time in front of the computer these days. He says he ought to be retired, but keeps workin' anyway. He mostly plays some snowboarding game, then he chats alot. Every now and then he will grab mom and kiss her. YUCK! One night the computer broke down..yep, a bunch of smoke came out of the back of it. Dad said it was the power box gone bad, and he fixed it right then. He keeps a stash of computer parts under the desk, he says you gotta be prepared for anything. Dad can fix anything.

Dad also spends time with me playin' chess. He says it is good for my brain. I don't know about that, but I think it is lots of fun to play. See mom sleepin' back there on the sofa? Well she had a birthday too, a few days after mine. Now she seems to lay around alot on the sofa and stuff, she says she gets tired faster than she used to. That is the reason she says she is glad I am "the last one". When mom had her birthday, I said she looked like a total grandma. Dad told me I shouldn't say stuff like that about my mom, but I said, well, you look like a total grandpa, so now you and mom are a matching set. Dad busted out laughin' and so that kind of spoiled him tryin' to scold me. Mom is still workin' her job as a surgeon. She wants to be the top dog at the hospital. She says she will get there someday. Dad is still an astronaut. Ever since he got demoted a couple of years ago, he said he just lost all inclination to do better at his job. He mumbles every now and then he needs to retire from 'that place'. Maybe he will soon.
I ride the bus to school. Yeah, dad doesn't take me like some of the kids. Our house is the last one on the stop before we get to school. I wonder if that is what mom means when she says I am the last one?

8 comments:

Paige said...

Hi there! I just read a whole bunch of your posts, and I must say that I love your style of writing! And your families are so eccentric yet beautiful! Very creative and I can't wait to read more! Can I add your site to my blog links list? =)

ASimWen said...

Yes, of course, please add it. What is the URL to your blog so I may add it to mine?

paige said...

Thanks!! I'll add you right now! My blog is http://mayfieldsaga.blogsome.com

Thanks again and I can't wait to read more!

ASimWen said...

OK it is done! Sorry it took so long...hehe..RL issues. I will check out your blog as well!

straberiwine said...

Wen - have you considered doing a family tree of sorts? I'm getting confused as to who belongs to whom and how everybody is related. There is some really good free genealogy software out there that would make it super easy. If you're interested, let me know and I'll tell you which one's work best.

Alexis said...

Wow! You have so many people in this town...how many sims do you have? I still love it though!

ASimWen said...

Heh..there is a family tree posted at http://webpages.charter.net/wdenning/prosperity%20falls/index.htm to see everyone. :)

Simaholic said...

Sorry I've been so spastic about reading your story Wen. You know I love it, but RL really gets in the way from time to time. Anyway, Tomas is so cute. I loved the matching set comment. Very cute!